Wednesday, March 15th, 2023 | 12:00PM – 1:00PM
Present: Michael O’Neill-Chair, Louise Brown, Kay Gunter, Corie Dow-Kramer
Absent: Laurie Severson, Jeane Conrad
Staff Present: Rochelle Fassold
Introductions and Icebreaker: What is your favorite Spring flower?
Additions to Agenda–
Consent Agenda documents were sent to members for review prior to the meeting.
- 02-2023 CCN Minutes (draft)
- 03-2023 Treasurer’s Report
- 03-2023 Red Canoe statement
- 2021 Audit Invoice
Motion: Corie motioned to approve the Consent Agenda as presented, Kay seconded, and the motion carried.
- Update on Luggage of Love-Non-profit transition
- The treasurer is working on finishing the process and Corie will give us an update as soon as she can
- Firstenburg grant application submitted on 2/27/2023- Grant award decisions will be made by April 2023
- Request for Proposal follow-up discussion:
- Rochelle to create a rough draft one-page proposal for a Conscious Discipline book club and trainings to present to community partners. Rochelle to set up a meeting with Michael next week to go over the plan for the presenting the proposal.
- Participation in Celebration of Children-Week of the Young Child Resource Fair Friday, March 31st 1-7pm
- Volunteer schedule for resource table and story time attached
- Table resources and activities:
- Board agreed on having copies made of attached parent resource flyer and have a copy of the newsletter as example
- Board suggested using Poll Everywhere to survey parents on their biggest parenting challenges
- Rochelle will also bring a newsletter sign-up sheet with QR code that will include a box to check if they are interested in attending a book club (Bring Conscious Discipline books to show parents)
- Emotion card sort activity is assembled, and Rochelle will also purchase paper plates for kids to draw on and stickers for table
Next Meeting: Wednesday, April 19th , 2023 12-1pm