Cowlitz Community Network Board Meeting
Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 | 12:00PM – 1:00PM
Present: Michael O’Neill-Chair, Louise Brown, Laurie Severson, Kay Gunter, Jeane Conrad
Absent: Gabby Meador, Corie Dow-Kramer
Staff Present: Rochelle Fassold
Introductions and Icebreaker
Additions to Agenda
Consent Agenda documents were sent to members for review prior to the meeting.
- 06-2022 CCN Minutes (draft)
- 07-2022 Treasurer’s Report
- 07-2022 Red Canoe statement
Motion: Louise motioned to approve the Consent Agenda as presented, Laurie seconded, and the motion carried.
Grant Status Reports
Behavioral Health | Cowlitz County Health & Human Services | Award $7,800
7/1/2021 – 6/30/2022: To provide technical assistance for child care providers that serve children with behavioral needs in Cowlitz County.
- Expected Outcomes: 80% of child care centers will have staff participating in at least one training; at least 100 child care provider staff will attend at least one training; at least 6 trainings will be conducted for providers; at least 4 trainings will be conducted for families, share information at least two times per month; at least 100 new subscribers on the distribution list.
- Program Activities: The Network has scheduled virtual learning Conscious Discipline sessions for childcare providers and families on the fourth Thursday of the month, January – June 2022, from 6-7:30pm.
- Program Updates: There were 2 attendees at the May session and the feedback for the session was excellent. The last class on June 23rd was held 6:30pm-8:00pm and had 2 attendees.
- Discussion about future class engagement: Ideas to increase attendance: survey people’s needs before setting time and location of class, have picture of class book on flyer for participants to make connections, advertise with fun class title, hold classes between September-December if offering STARS credits. Connect with the Early Learning Coalition and ESD112 to see how they contact and engage participants.
- Community Charter meeting follow up: 7 members attended
- Follow up meeting scheduled for September 14th from 6:30pm-8pm to promote a legislative advocacy campaign and action steps that members can take to raise awareness of child care needs in our community.
- More Power tech issues-
- Rochelle to contact Pepper Carter at Children’s Discovery Museum and Kathie at Parent’s Place for tech support references. Rochelle to pay the outstanding bill with More Power.
- Call for Vice Chair position-
- Michael called for nominations and nominated Louise, Jeane 2nd the nomination. The board unanimously voted Louise for vice chair
- Following and liking Facebook pages and posts- Rochelle asked for the board to follow the CCN page and like and share posts
- Additional funding from Childcare partnership grant- Rochelle informed the board that we should hear news this week
- CFSWW focus grant application open- meeting with Maka on August 10th @330pm
- Attending summer outreach events-
- Squirrel Fest, August 20th– To avoid $75 registration fee Rochelle will reach out to Y&F to ask about sharing a table with them
- Y&F back to school resource fair, August 24th– Louise, Kay and Michael volunteered to help at the event to get more people signed up for the Network newsletter and get interest in the FFN program
- Kalama Back to School event, August 25, table reserved 3-6pm-Kay and Louise volunteered to attend and help out
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, August 16th, 2022, 12-1pm